Monday, June 20, 2011

HCG Vegan Protocol -- Day 13 of the VLCD...in a much better place!

Mood: happy, productive, not hungry
Total Weight Loss: 17.6 pounds!!!

The past couple of days have been very dark. I am so glad today is a brand-new day! Over the weekend, there were several little "issues" I had to contend with. First, my weight loss slowed down. To lift my spirits, I decided to go for a long bike ride. Then, a piece of the handlebars decided to get stuck and I had to take my bike into the repair shop. Next, I was hungry all weekend and had to tame my food fantasies. This is why I say the HCG diet tests us mentally and emotionally.

All I could think about was red wine, feta cheese, edamame, Chicago-style pizza, etc. Luckily, I can eat the first three on the low carb portion of the HCG diet that begins next week. I will have to wait for pizza until next month when I travel back home to Chicago. You can bet I will be making an exception to my "no dairy" dietary rule for some Chicago-style pizza!




Breakfast
Yerba Mate Tea - 5 calories                                      
Green Tea - 0 calories
1/2 grapefruit - 48.5 calories


Lunch
1/2 cup of cooked quinoa - 127 calories
asparagus - 25 calories
minced garlic in water - 15 calories
vegetable broth - 5 calories
lemonade - 6 calories (juice of 1/2 lemon, lemon stevia, water)


Dinner
ezekiel bread - 80 calories
shredded cabbage - 20 calories
red wine vinegar - 12 calories
lemonade - 6 calories (juice of 1/2 lemon, lemon stevia, water)

Dessert
Gala apple - 80 calories


Total calories: 430 calories

I am so excited that I've lost over 17 1/2 pounds! I have so much energy today. I did an intermediate yoga session for 45 minutes, meditated, scrubbed the bathtub and shower inside and out, and cleaned the crusty microwave. I am totally over eating quinoa. I highly doubt I will be making that a regular part of my diet. LOL!  Surprisingly, I love the raw brown rice protein powder. I use my blender bottle and add toffee stevia to the powder and water. Then, I freeze the "shake" for a short time. It tastes so creamy and delicious! It is the perfect dinner on the HCG diet on a hot day.

I will definitely be adding raw brown rice protein to my regular diet. It is the perfect substitute for the chocolate whey protein shakes that I used to drink. That quinoa is nasty, though! If it was healthy, I would only eat Ezekiel bread and raw brown rice protein. Unfortunately, the human body needs a variety of protein. LOL! 

Sun Warrior is the most popular raw brown rice protein powder. It is also the most expensive. I recommend purchasing it from Z Natural foods online. Their product is just as good at a fraction of the price of the Sun Warrior brand. You can follow this link to their website: Z Natural Foods

1 comment:

  1. what flavor did you use? natural or chocolate?

    ReplyDelete