Tuesday, June 21, 2011

HCG Vegan Protocol - Day 14 of the VLCD...kicking ass!

Mood: content, motivated, not hungry
Total Weight Loss: 18.2 pounds!!!


Today has been pretty groovy! My bike is fixed and the gentleman only charged me $25. This little bike repair shop just opened two months ago. Even though I didn't spend much money, I am always happy to support small businesses. In my opinion, it will be small businesses that will eventually rebuild our economy. The repair shop is called The Bicycle Source and it is located in Anaheim, CA. Check out their website at: The Bicycle Source


 


Breakfast
Yerba Mate Tea - 5 calories                                     
Green Tea - 0 calories
strawberries - 45 calories

Lunch
ezekiel bread - 80 calories
roma tomato - 35 calories

Dinner
brown rice protein powder with water and toffee stevia - 110 calories
cucumber - 22.5 calories
perrier - 0 calories

Dessert
Navel Orange - 80 calories
Chocolate Stevia - 0 calories

Total calories: 378 calories

 
After I picked up my bike, I decided take a trip to Mother's Market. I have heard about it for years, but have never lived close to one. It was amazing! Even Whole Foods does not have that level of product variety! I found some wonderful products that will work well with my new dietary plan. Their prices are higher than Trader Joe's but lower than Whole Foods. However, the best thing is their customer service. Every single employee who walked past me said hello and offered assistance. Talk about service!

I am absolutely in love with health food! Since my late teens, I visit random stores and walk around. I peruse the selection and scrutinize labels.  I learn about new foods, herbs, supplements, etc and what benefits they might offer. I know it must sound like I am a masochist tempting myself with delightful foods while on a strict diet, LOL. However, I'm just not hungry! This entire detoxification process on the HCG diet makes me hyper-aware of what I am putting into my body.

I am very serious about my new dietary plan: no coffee, no cow dairy, no red meat, no white sugar, no white flour, and no hydrogenated fats. At the same time, life is about balance and moderation. What matters most is what I do 90% of the time, not what I do 10% of the time. In addition, I know my body craves red meat from time to time. When it does, I'll eat a steak! I already avoid white sugar, white flour, and hydrogenated fats. I don't intend on drinking coffee. I am sure I will have dairy products sometimes. However, I plan on drinking soy and almond milk. I will also eat goat and sheep milk products such as feta and manchego cheeses. I can also have soy, rice, and almond ice creams. Nutritional yeast is a perfect substitute for parmesan cheese. Since I have many available options to substitute for cow dairy, I will probably consume it infrequently.


No comments:

Post a Comment