Thursday, June 9, 2011

HCG Vegan Protocol - Day 2 of the VLCD and going strong!!!

Mood: relaxed, not hungry
Total Weight Loss: 3.2 pounds!
Today has been an interesting day.  I still felt tired when I woke up.  However, I talked myself into going to my AquaZumba class.  Boy, I’m glad I did! I always say…you will never regret forcing yourself to exercise! I also had a visit with my workers comp doctor.  I am slightly frustrated with all of the workers comp bureaucratic red tape.  In fact, this is why I am taking the steps to take charge of my own health.
Traditional Western Medicine continues to fail me and just does not have the answers. Their answer is always drugs and surgery which only treats the symptoms.  The entire system of medicine and insurance is driven by money and greed.  It makes me sick! Western Medicine does have its place…say if you need antibiotics for an infection.

But, Holistic Medicine is where it’s at! It incorporates supplements, herbs, nutrition, and exercises to support the body.  The goal of holistic health is to address the root cause of the problem. I truly believe in it with my whole heart.  If you give the body what it needs, it can and will heal itself!
Anyway, let me get off my soapbox and tell you what I ate today…
Breakfast
Yerba Mate Tea - 5 calories
Gala Apple - 80 calories
Green Tea - 0 calories

Lunch

Brown Rice Protein Powder mixed with water - 110 calories
Chocolate Stevia – 0 calories
7 red radishes- 15 calories
Iced herbal tea – 0 calories

Dinner
“Lemonade” - 6 calories
16 oz. purified water - 0 calories
Lemon flavored Stevia, to taste - 0 calories
Juice of 1/2 of a fresh lemon - 6 calories
Quinoa Stir Fry – 207 calories
½ cup of cooked quinoa – 127 calories
2 tbsp. minced garlic in water – 30 calories
10 Asparagus Spears - 50 calories                                                                                                     
Bragg's Liquid Aminos, Crushed Red Pepper, Sea Salt, and Onion Powder to taste

Grill Asparagus Spears on the George Foreman grill.  Cut into bite size pieces. Dry saute minced garlic in a hot skillet.  Add asparagus, cooked quinoa, and seasonings.  Mix well.
Dessert
½ Pink Grapefruit – 48.5 calories
"Lemonade" - 6 calories

Total Calories: 478 calories


My "lemonade" continues to be a blessing.  In addition, the minced garlic adds so much flavor and Bragg’s Liquid Aminos have been a lifesaver.  Bragg’s Liquid Aminos are a natural source of protein (aminos represents amino acids, the building blocks of protein) and it tastes like soy sauce.  I had tried Bragg's Aminos several times in the past but didn’t care for it.  I guess it’s growing on me. You can purchase Bragg’s at any natural food store. 
 
All in all, today was good.  I am not hungry at all.  I am drinking plenty of water.  Interestingly, HCG makes me want to drink water.  Normally, it is a challenge for me to get the recommended 8 glasses per day.  During Round 1, I naturally craved water and Round 2 is turning out to be the same way.  It is natural, I suppose….HCG detoxifies the body and water helps to remove those toxins from our body. I also ate more calories than yesterday, but still stayed under 500 calories.  It’s funny because who ever would’ve thought consuming 500 calories per day would be a challenge, lol! Sweet dreams!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Lovvveee itt!! Great job! I struggle to eat small at nights, did u sleep early? What did u keep urself busy with?

    ReplyDelete