Tuesday, June 14, 2011

HCG Vegan Protocol - Day 7 of the VLCD...Apple Day!!!!

Mood: content, calm, not hungry
Total Weight Loss: 12.2 pounds!!!

As you can see, I only lost 0.4 pounds since yesterday.  I have also been getting tired of eating the same foods.  So, there is a solution! It is normal to have stalls or plateaus in weight loss on the HCG diet.  Usually, the body “catches” up in the weight loss in the following days.  However, I would like to ensure my weight loss and even increase it if possible.

If you cheat on the HCG diet and gain weight, you can do an apple day to resume your weight loss.  Cheating, of course, means eating something not specifically outlined on the protocol.  However, cheating can also mean using a product with fats or oils on your skin or touching a candle.  See, the HCG diet is holistic in the sense that it accounts for everything your body ingests…through the mouth, skin, or otherwise.

Even though I didn’t cheat or gain weight, I am going to do an apple day today.  During an apple day, you eat nothing but 6 large apples and drink water from lunch of the first day to lunch of the next day.  First of all, it will increase my weight loss.  Second, apples are refreshing and tasty.  Lastly, an apple day will help me break out of the monotony of the HCG Vegan Protocol.

In natural health, a method of cleansing the body is called periodic monodieting.  Essentially, you eat only the same raw food for the duration of the cleanse.  Hence, the apple day is a type of periodic monodieting.  The idea behind it is that you are freeing up the body’s energy that is normally used for digestion to be used for cleansing, healing, detoxifying, etc.

I love natural and holistic health…it is logical, scientific, and intuitive       <3 <3  <3

So, you know what’s on the menu….apples, apples, and more apples. And some water, lol.  The reality is that apples have such a high water content, I may not drink much water at all! One large apple is approximately 100 calories. I am allowed six apples from lunch today until lunch tomorrow, but I don’t have to eat all six apples. On my last apple day, I believe I ate four apples.  We should see the full results of the apple day tomorrow morning, as well as Thursday morning.  Instead of doing yoga today, I will just go ahead and ride my bike to the market for exercise.  That way, I get my exercise and my apples! 

Anyway…wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment