Monday, June 13, 2011

HCG Vegan Protocol - Day 6 of the VLCD....productive and content!

Mood: happy, energetic, not hungry
Total Weight Loss: 11.8 pounds!!!

Today was a great day! I had a couple of phone calls this morning that served to eliminate a few anxieties I was experiencing.  I also did one of my favorite yoga DVD’s with Rodney Yee (love him!) and Mariel Hemingway.  It is cool because it is a cardio-yoga fusion that is accessible to anyone.  Even my father was able to do the workout and he has had a double hip replacement surgery.  I felt like a million bucks afterwards! 


I also tackled several errands this afternoon, did some housework, and even had time to read a couple of chapters of Onward, by Howard Schultz (CEO of Starbucks).  A good friend gave me the book, knowing I have always wanted to be an entrepreneur.  She said she couldn’t stop thinking of me while she was reading it.  I suspect that this book will serve as my socially responsible business model…

What’s on the menu today???

Breakfast
Yerba Mate Tea - 5 calories                                     
Strawberries – 28 calories
Green Tea - 0 calories

Lunch
Medium cluster tomato – 35 calories          
Red wine vinegar – 8 calories
Ezekiel Bread – 80 calories
Perrier – 0 calories

Dinner
Candy Cane Herb Tea – 0 calories
Brown Rice Protein Powder mixed with water - 110 calories
Toffee Stevia – 0 calories
½ large cucumber – 22.5 calories
Red wine vinegar – 8 calories

“Lemonade” - 6 calories
16 oz. purified water - 0 calories
Lemon flavored Stevia, to taste - 0 calories
Juice of 1/2 of a fresh lemon - 6 calories
Dessert
Gala Apple – 80 calories

Total calories: 383

What’s interesting is that I am naturally eating more raw food on this round of the Vegan HCG Protocol as opposed to the last round on the standard meat-eating HCG protocol.  I am glad for that! Raw food is still alive and contains all of the life-giving nutrients and enzymes in its unaltered state.  I am starting to wonder if I will even return to eating meat.  I smell better.  I feel better.  I feel “lighter,”not in a body weight sense...in a different way.

I failed to mention the issue of supplements and medications on the HCG diet.  Dr. Simeons advises against taking supplements and medication unless it's medically necessary.  Personally, I choose not take NSAIDS for my arthritic knees.  Instead, I take supplements with anti-inflammatory properties: Glucosamine with Chondroitin, Bromelain, Zinc, and Turmeric.  Since supplements are my necessary alternative to medicine, I have been taking them each day.  As you can see, it has not had an impact on my weight loss.

Blessings and love to you all...

No comments:

Post a Comment